In order to lose the extra body weight and become fit, a lot of people resort to the method of taking diet pills. If diet pills are used in a certain limit, then they may have certain positive effects but in the pursuit to become thin and attractive, a lot of individuals cross that limit and resort to diet pill abuse.
Over the counter diet pills are mostly used by those individuals who suffer from eating disorders but this is one of the most dangerous and least healthy methods of losing weight and being healthy. The main reason why diet pills are so dangerous is because of their easy availability. Just about every medical store, pharmacy and health food outlet sells diet pills. But these substances can be highly addictive and may lead to many negative side effects. The following are the various negative effects of diet pill addiction
- One of the most negative effects of diet pill addiction is that it can lead to deadly eating disorders such as bulimia, compulsive eating as well as anorexia nervosa.
- There are many addictive ingredients in diet pills and some of them are caffeine, ephedrine, phenylpropanolamine etc. Moreover, it is important to understand that herbal and natural substances can also contain as much of harmful ingredients. These substances tend to stimulate the central nervous system which can have many serious side effects.
- One of the serious complications associated with diet pill abuse is blurred vision and insomnia.
- By taking diet pills over a long period of time, a person can experience headaches and seizures as well.
- Dizziness and anxiety are also some of the other side effects of diet pill addiction.
- Diet pill abuse can also lead to high blood pressure and even stroke. This can also further lead to congestive heart failure, cardiac arrest and even death.
- Dry mouth is also one of the conditions which can be caused due to the overuse of diet pill abuse and addiction.
- Another negative effect of diet pill addiction is paranoia and heart palpitations.
- One may also experience a certain loss in sex due to the continuous and prolonged use of diet pill addiction.
- If females continue consuming diet pills over a period of time and turn it into an addiction, then this may interfere with their menstrual cycle and may cause menstrual irregularities.
- Diarrhea, vomiting and nausea are also some of the negative side effects of diet pill abuse.