Are you aware of the term “Metabolism”?
Metabolism is the process in which your body performs a chemical reaction to break the complex molecules or calories from the food you consume.
Metabolism produces energy to support your life. Usually every human body burns calories whether they work or not.
People believe that the rate of metabolism is high in slim persons and is low in overweight persons. As you get older, metabolism also slows down.
So, in order to lose weight in overweight people it is essential to boost metabolism.
Several ways affect the process of metabolism. They include your age, thyroid functions and your daily activity levels.
There are several ways to boost metabolism there by you can achieve your goal weight. They include:
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. This is very easy way to boost metabolism. If you are lacking of food and water, in fact it can trigger your body to slow down the process of metabolism. If your body is lacking of water then the kidneys will start to focus their attention on preserved water instead of burning the fat.
- In order to boost metabolism you should avoid omitting the meals or fasting. If you limit the food intake, it causes your body to go into the starvation mode, thus slowing down the metabolism. Whenever you eat the food less than 1000 calories it means that your body is not getting the essential elements that are necessary for your survival. So, in order to boost metabolism you should consume 4-6 meals per day.
- Exercising is also a great way to boost metabolism. Being always active will also stimulate your metabolism. Maintaining ideal body is also important as the muscles are metabolically more active than fat. Including aerobic exercises will also greatly helps in burning the calories by increasing the heart rate. (Weight Loss Exercise Program)
- Eat heavy meals earlier in the day, meaning that you should not omit the breakfast. If you omit breakfast, your body won’t get any nutrients. As a result your body will go into the survival mode, thus slowing down the process of metabolism. You must take smaller meals in dinner. It is recommended that don’t eat anything for at least 3-4 hours before going to bed.
- You should observe the calorie intake since it is related to metabolism. As you get older, automatically your metabolism slows down. So, you should adjust your calorie intake to put your body in a healthy state.
- Spicing up the foods can also boost metabolism. But some experts believe that spicing up of the foods encourages you to eat more healthy foods like chicken and vegetables.
- In order to boost metabolism, it is essential that you should be aware of the tricks that appear too good to be true. Stay away from the diet plans that keep you hungry. Don’t ever try the foods that declare as fat burners like celery or grapefruits. There is no evidence that these products will boost metabolism.
As your age increases the rate of metabolism decreases an average of 5 percent for every ten years. While it is the usual process of aging, working on your daily habits can boost metabolism.