Water diet is different from all other diets. The foundation for any good weight loss program is water, but it is more over looked and underrated weight loss strategy.
Water is used in weight loss program as water is cheap, safe, free from side effects, and readily available.
In this water diet, there are no restrictions in your diet and there are no high priced food additives.
Water diet emphasizes only on basic nutrition that is water. Basic thing in water diet is that you have to drink eight glasses of water in a day.
One of the problems every one of you face is that you cannot distinguish between being hungry and thirsty.
Hence to overcome this problem, you have to drink water and wait for 20 to 30 minutes and if you still feel hungry then take food. Drinking water will help you in reducing the amount of calories.
How water diet helps your body?
With the help of water diet you can reduce your appetite. You should replace other beverages such as sodas and coffee as these beverages contain high calories with water. This replacement will help you in reducing amount of calories.
- Water diet also plays vital role in cleansing that is removing waste products from your body.
- Water will also help you in performing variety of bodily functions such as carrying nutrients and regulating body temperature.
- Fluid retention is also performed with water and makes your bowel function normal.
- Water diet will help your body function in optimum level that is it will help you in burning unwanted fat.
- According to your muscle fat and age, the exact amount of bodily water varies.
- Water diet will help you in digestion and nutrient absorption.
- This will also help you in regulating circulation and a host of other biochemical reactions.
- Water diet will help you in maintaining healthy skin and lubricating joints.
Water plays vital role in your life that is you can survive with water for some weeks and only few days without water.
Type of water you should prefer for water diet:
You should drink clean, spring, filtered water, otherwise drink tap water which is fluorinated and distilled. In order to ensure water is free from heavy metals, bacteria and other contaminants, some experts’ advices you that you have to check the safety of your water supply.
You can gain water requirements from the water rich foods such as fruits, vegetables and low sodium soups. You should avoid carbonated drinks such as fizzy drinks, which includes soda pop and spritzers. In these carbonated drinks, carbon dioxide trapped in the bubbles creates gas, which slows down your stomach from emptying.
If you are overweight, then you have to drink another eight ounces for 25 pounds of excess weight.
In this water diet, you have to remember that water drinking should be spread in whole day. Drinking too much water at a time is also not healthy for you.