The teenagers nowadays indulge in junk food and prefer eating out rather than eating healthy home made nutritious food. Teenagers seldom realise that eating healthy is essential for their overall health and physical status, especially in case of the growing teenagers. Amongst teenagers, the girls should be even more cautious about their diet.
The girls should eat healthy as the growing years experience a number of hormonal fluctuations. There are number of sources which provide healthy eating tips for teenage girls. Also the ones who are still growing are establishing their future lifetime eating habits, thus it is essential that they consider the following given healthy eating tips for teenage girls.
A few tips which can help teenage girls plan healthy food diets for them and inculcate it as habit in their regime are as follows:
- The teenage girls should make sure they drink appropriate quantity of water daily. Starting the day with water is a good habit. Drinking water in the morning helps clean the system and remove the toxins. Also keeping the body hydrated throughout the day helps in regulating the metabolism rates of the body.
- Breakfast in most cultures is considered to be the most important meal of the day. The teenage girls should never skip breakfast. A healthy breakfast provides with the first fuel of the day. Fruits, milk, eggs, oats, other dairy products etc are a few items that help form a healthy breakfast.
- The teenagers should eat multiple small meals instead of two or three huge meals a day. Eating food in small meals at regular intervals helps avoid the tendency to gorge on unhealthy foods.
- Another healthy eating tip for teenage girls is- raw salt should not be added to food. Eating too muchsalt is also very bad for health. It causes water retention in body and also weakens bones.
- The frizzy/ sugary drinks should be avoided as they affect the health adversely. Teenage girls can instead opt for the sugar free versions of drinks. They can also have water and add some quantity of lemon/ honey to it.
- An important healthy eating tip is to include food items that provide the body with calcium. Calcium is very important for proper growth and functioning of human body.
- Teenage girls should avoid high fat foods. These foods cause unnecessary weight gain issues and may even lead to obesity. The teenagers should hence avoid eating junk foods. Though eating such foods rarely/ once in a while is fine.