Loads of work and meetings throughout the day drives your cognizance towards “no to exercise” and hence weight loss supplements knock your door for acceptance. Diet pills offer you miraculous weight loss which sounds really worthy and most of them are factual as well. Nonetheless it has to be remembered that these pills can be taken only for a short period of phase.
After usage of six moths according to doctors your body build up tolerance against these drugs. Consequently remedy lies on healthy eating and exercise. These supplements contain variety of ingredients which can cause harm to your system. Hence the side effects of this supplements varies, some of which are summarised as below:
- Orlistat (Xenical) is a recognised weight loss supplement; assist you to remove fat from intestine which can cause gas, uncomfortable cramping, oily stool and diarrhea. As it reduces your body power of absorption of necessary vitamins and nutrients, doctors prescribes a daily multivitamin supplement.
- Sibutramine (Meridia), another fat blocker increases the risk of cardiac arrest especially who are already suffering from heart diseases. Other side effects include insomnia, headache, constipation, dry mouth etc.
- If you opt for herbal diet pills, it does not mean you are safe from side effects. As per their ingredients side effects vary. Though these pills are part of food industry and hence regulated by FDA, manufacturers claim will not be believable. They can show up completely opposite effects once you stop them. However, scientific studies are still conducted to verify the truths.
- Sympathomimetic amines, one of the weight loss supplements causes high blood pressure as well as fastens heart rates by stimulating your heart.
- Qsymia, though was agreed by FDA in 2012, it can cause grave birth effects for pregnant woman.
- Though recommended for long term use, Belviq also has side effects on your body such as dizziness, fatigue, constipation, nausea etc. People who are suffering from diabetes, intake of this supplement can cause low blood sugar, cough and back pain.
- Phentermine assists to restrain your appetite. It leads to complications like heart palpitation, tremor, shortness of breath, dizziness etc. As this supplement restricts your desire for food, has the risk of addiction as well.
Henceforth it can be plausible that taking weight loss supplements are not nontoxic for your body – be it herbal or chemical. Only healthy diet and exercise can be the preeminent means of weight loss without affecting your body functioning.
Photo Credit By: zehrchiropractic.com