To many of us it may sound like complete rubbish, that eating candy can help you lose weight and in theory this does sound very improbable, so what good is a Power Pop when you’re trying to lose weight?
Well many claim that Power pop Lollipops also known as Hoodia diet Lollipops are Hollywood’s new secret to staying slim.
The Principle of the Power Pop
The Power pop seeks to work on several different levels: for one it makes for a delicious sweet snack when you’re craving one.
So whereas you would otherwise have downed a bag of fat laden chips or a tub of ice cream laden with both sugar and fat, here you feel some sense of satiety without having consumed as many calories.
That sense of satiety also comes from the fact that it takes you a lot of time to finish eating it, by which time that urgent need for a snack may have passed.
The Power Pop manufacturers also claim that the product is an appetite suppressant and that it will offer you a burst of energy.
What is it made of?
The Power Pop website claims that their product contains a “small amount of sugar and corn syrup” as a “binding agent” but stresses that there is no Ephedra or Mahuang. According to the manufacturers the product actually contains several other ingredients that actively help in weight loss:
- Power pops contain Hoodia, the South African supplement that is known to be an appetite suppressant which functions by alerting the satiety areas of the brain to signal being full
- The fat burning appetite suppressant known as Citrimax
- L-Tyrosine Amino Acid which suppresses appetite, helps you feel full and burns fat as well
- Vitamins B 6 and B12 which help with a number of the body’s metabolic functions
- Guarana which is said to increase alertness and reduce fatigue.
How can you make it work for you?
Each lollipop contains about 28 calories and it is recommended that it be taken with a glass of water about 30 minutes before a meal.
The manufacturers are at pains to stress that a healthy meal including all the ingredients of a balanced diet should follow after half an hour of having had the power pop. They also tell you to avoid carbs just before bedtime and to wait three hours after a meal before going to bed which is a sound advice in any case.