The Huffington Post recently put together a veritable wish list of fitness gizmos that could help with the battle of the bulge.
- The Nike+ Sportband can interact with your sneakers to figure out the intensity of your work out (time, speed and distance of your run for instance).
- The Wi-Fi Body Scale will not just tell you what you weigh, it will tell your iPhone, webpage and even Twitterverse (no way to avoid knowing what you weigh then).
- The Philips activa music player has the feature known as ‘Tempo music’ it basically searches your playlists to locate songs that match the intensity of your work out; how’s that for motivation!
- This one tells you when it’s time to work out: the’ Gruve’ sets off the alarm bells, literally when you have been inactive too long. It also keeps track of the number of calories you burnt during the day
- The Wi-Fit Balance board helps you get a work out of your choice – whether it’s yoga or aerobics, ski jumping or jogging.
- The FitBit is an accelerometer that tracks your activities through the day and reports back on it.
- Dancepants Kinetic Music Player is another motivational tool for moving you may want to consider- if you want the music, you have to Keep Moving!
- Samsung’s MyFit is marketed as a ‘wellness device’; it has sensors to track fat, stress, and motion.
- The miCoach Pacer from Adidas is an MP3-synced pedometer, heart rate monitor, and calorie counter. Also on offer is real time, customized coaching.
- Tweet What You Eat (TWYE), is a Twitter-based food diary. You broadcast whatever you eat, so that not only you, all your followers are aware of what and how much you eat!
So there you have it; ten gadgets and gizmos to boost your fitness, and help you achieve weight loss goals!