Ideal weight refers to that if weight of your body is suitable to your height. If you have ideal weight then you will be visible as physically fit and healthy.
Ideal weight will not be constant every time, this changes according to your gender, height and age.
The exact weight is determined by determining how much of your body weight contains fat and how much is lean body mass.
If you want to be healthy with ideal weight, then your body should have thirty percent of fat if you are woman and twenty percent if you are man.
Different methods for calculating ideal weight:
Body mass index (BMI):
The calculation of body mass index is the best method for measuring ideal weight. The BMI supports the average measurement of 18.7-23.8 for women and 20.1-25.0 for men. If you are an athlete or a body builder then you should maintain above this range of Body mass index.
The important method of finding your weight is mainly determined by your waist circumference. This is the important method to calculate ideal weight, as the fat collected around the waist circumference is dangerous than the fat collected at the other parts.
The fat collected around the mid riff will cause many problems such as heart diseases, over weight and diabetes. So, validate your fat around waist circumference frequently.
Waist to hip ratio:
If you have high waist to hip ratio then you will be affected with various problems such as heart diseases, over weight and diabetes. So, you should have frequent check of waist to hip ratio.
To reach ideal weight, how much weight you should gain?
If you are a woman then your ideal weight can be calculated by the following steps:
- If you are five feet height, then you should have 100 pounds of weight.
- If you are above five feet, then add five pounds per inch.
- If you are below five feet then deduct five pounds per inch.
- You can find healthy weight range by adding and deducting ten percent.
If you are a man then your ideal weight can be calculated by following steps:
- If you have the height of five feet then you should have 108 pounds of weight.
- If you have height above five feet then add six pounds per inch.
- If you have height below five feet then deduct five pounds per inch.
- You can find ideal weight range by adding and deducting ten percent.
Have a frequent check of ideal weight:
Ideal weight is the basic factor that you have to concentrate. So, you have to keep frequent check on your weight.
If you will not check regularly, your body gains weight and makes you to suffer from various problems such as adult- onset diabetes, sleep apnea, urinary stress incontinence and hypertension. So, obtain ideal weight for preventing many health problems.