The first step in losing face fat is to lose weight in general. This means more than losing body fat, you have to reduce excess water retention.
When an individual starts to lose weight their face typically gets sharper and leaner. This is because when the excess water is gone the face will slim down.
The following steps can help you to lose weight and give you a face that is lean, healthy and toned.
- Drink lots of water. In order to stay hydrated you need to consume a lot of water. Each day you should drink at least eight ounce glasses of water. For active individuals or those exposed to the sun you should drink more since this helps to naturally protect your body. If you don’t drink enough water then your body naturally thinks you don’t have enough water. This causes the body to store water in order to keep you living and this result in a bloated appearance. If you drink enough water then it will actually flush out the unnecessary water since the system knows it has enough. It is best to drink just plain water. Sodas or drinks with sugar only cause bloating.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Each day you should consume at least three servings of fruit and vegetables. Not only will you be getting full with fewer calories but you will also be able to stay away from junk food. The water in fruits and vegetables will also help to keep you hydrated. Fruits and vegetables also provide a high source of fiber which comes with other health benefits. Instead of a chocolate bar you should consider eating a fruit salad which is healthier. However, carefully select what fruits you eat. Bananas, grapes and pineapples are high in fructose so you should control how much you eat. Rather eat apples, oranges, berries and grapefruit since they are low in GI carbs and contain good antioxidants.
- Drink less alcohol. Whether it is wine, brandy or beer they are all alcohol. When you drink alcohol this leads to bloating since it dehydrates the body. Alcohol can also add inches of fat to your belly and chin since a single gram of alcohol will have seven calories. When you drink alcohol, you are pretty much drinking fat. Avoid alcohol unless you want to add inches to your waist.
- Increase your calcium intake. If you take about 1200 milligrams of calcium from your daily dairy intake then you can have better fat loss success. A study was done that shows women also had lost PMS symptoms like water retention when they took 1200 milligrams of calcium per day. So don’t rule out dairy when you are on a diet, just use in moderation.
- Burn more calories than you eat. This is the primary rule of any fat loss program. You need to burn more calories than you take in, in order to effectively lose weight. So you have the choice of burning 250 calories or removing 250 calories from your diet. You want to reduce about 500 calories per day in order to get a reduction of 3500 calories per week so that you can lose about a pound of body fat per week. If you just want to burn 250 calories then you should go for a thirty to forty minutes walk or jog. To take these calories out of your diet simply remove junk food and fatty foods. Rather try to eat healthy foods that can help your muscles and provide your body with the fuel it needs.
- Monitor your intake of salt. Water retention can be affected by salt. This is why you will feel thirsty after eating junk food with a lot of sodium. You will also notice that your face bloats the next day. Avoid foods that are high in salt such as pizza, burgers, junk food, chips and other like foods. Whenever possible try to eat at home and prepare your own food. Don’t use a spoon; rather take a simple pinch of salt with your fingers so you can control how much salt is getting on your food.
- Start weight training. In order to increase your lean muscle tissue it is necessary to weight train. As your body increases in muscle mass your metabolism will increase so that you can burn even more fat and calories. More muscles also means you will burn more calories when performing cardio exercises and even when you rest since muscles are a form of living tissue that need calories in order to survive and function. If you want to lose fat on your face and have successful results then you need to diet, weight train and perform cardio exercises.
In order to lose fat on your face you need to focus on losing fat elsewhere on your body. When you lose body fat you will have a leaner appearance and better features since you have reduced your fat and water.