10 Right Eating Habits for Permanent Weight Loss

eating habitsEating is considered to be directly associated with weight gain. When one thinks of weight loss, eating habit is the first thing that comes to mind. Here are 10 healthy eating habits for proper weight control.

1. Drink lot of water

Be sure to drink sufficient quantity of water throughout the day. See to it that your mouth does not go dry; it’s a sign of dehydration.

2. Eat fruits and green vegetables

Include fresh fruits and green vegetables in your diet plan. Best time to eat fruits is either between the meals or 20 minutes before meal.

3. Add variety to your food

Try including as much variety as possible in your diet. Different food contains different nutrients in different quantities. Thus, you can ensure that your body gets all the required nutrients.

4.   Focus on eating healthy, not on skipping food

Many people start considering food synonymous with weight gain and are under the impression that less they eat better it is for weigh loss. But this is not true. Skipping meals or eating too less can have many adverse effects on your health.

5. Eat food, don’t ‘(over)think’ it

Some people are so preoccupied with food that they think about food most of the time. Don’t be obsessed about food. The simple thumb rule is – eat and forget. This can be achieved by eating something that satisfies you.

6. Do not overeat

Overeating is one of the major contributors to overweight. So, eat in the right quantity. Don’t eat more than your body can take in.

7. Eat less fat but be careful

It’s a well known fact that restricting the amount of fat intake can help in weight loss. But this does not mean that you should go on an eating spree of fat-free foods. Fat-free foods too contain calories, and few fat-free products have even more calories than their fat counterparts. If you take in more calories than can be absorbed by your body, whether from fat or fat free foods, it will result in weight gain.

8. Eat in right quantity

Eating in the right quantity is important because eating less will make you feel weak and lethargic whereas eating more, on the other hand, will accumulate calories in your body. Learn to understand your body signals to know when to stop. You can achieve this through persistent practice.

9. Eat 3 meals a day

Make it a point to eat regularly. Eating more than 3 meals may result in overeating. At the same time, skipping any of the meals may also result in overeating because you may feel deprived and starved, as a result of which you may feel like eating whatever comes into your sight on the dining table.

10. Be cautious about what you eat

Always eat fresh and whole food. Let your diet consist of food as close as possible to its natural form. Cut out on processed food to the extent possible. The 80/20 rule may be helpful in this case. As per this rule, 80% of the time you follow your diet plan, and at remaining 20% time, you may allow yourself to give in to your taste buds.