How to lose weight in a short period of time? Everybody who is suffering with excess fat wants a quick solution to lose weight.
Scarsdale Diet may be the right one for you to lose weight. This is most popular diet among today’s diet plans.
Scarsdale diet is a strict weight loss plan that guarantees you will lose weight at least one pound per day.
In this diet plan you need to limit your food intake to specific amounts of fruits, vegetables and mostly lean sources of protein.
The Scarsdale diet will encourage the use of artificial sweeteners and herbal appetite supplements to speed up the weight loss.
Scarsdale diet plan:
The Scarsdale diet involves no calorie counting, but meals are limited to breakfast, lunch and dinner. No snacking is allowed in between the meals. You need to follow a strict meal plan which is low in carbohydrates and high in vitamins and minerals.
The Scarsdale diet is a high protein, low carbohydrate and moderate fat content plan. The basis of this diet plan is reducing most carbohydrates and restricting your intake of other foods. It is a lot of water drinking plan.
Drinking plenty of water flushes your system and hence you will lose weight very quickly. You are encouraged to drink at least 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Drinking plenty of water will stimulate your metabolism. [Methods to boost Metabolism]
Usually the Scarsdale diet plan lasts for 7-14 days. Scarsdale diet will teach you how to drop up to 20 pounds in two weeks. The typical Scarsdale diet provides 850-1000 calories a day.
Food restrictions in Scarsdale diet:
- There are also some restrictions on your food that you should follow. They include: prohibiting alcoholic beverages, you should prepare all salads without mayonnaise or oil, cook all vegetables without butter or margarine, use artificial sweeteners in your coffee but no creams can be used, and substitute diet drinks if necessary.
- You are not allowed to eat in between the meals.
- You need to strictly follow the Scarsdale diet plan whereas you do not have to eat everything suggested and you cannot add anything extra or make substitutions.
The Scarsdale diet plan won’t recommend any exercise programs to lose weight. It recommends no strenuous exercises for those over 40, unless exercise has been an integral part of their activities.
The reason why exercise is not allowed in this weight loss plan is that the diet provides a minimal calorie intake. This small amount of calories won’t give sufficient energy for your body to do exercise.
Drawbacks of Scarsdale diet:
- The Scarsdale diet is not suitable for those who are extremely overweight. It is designed for people who want to lose small amount of weight, less than twenty pounds in a small amount of time.
- It is not meant for a long-term weight loss solution.
- You are allowed to eat a strict meal for two weeks. Anything more than this will be unhealthy for your body.
At last the Scarsdale diet will provide quick results, so most of the dieticians will recommend this diet plan. It allows you to keep the weight off, and to have a lean, healthy body life. If you want to consider this diet plan it is recommended that you should check with your physician first.