For any of us looking to lose weight, it is important to look for a program that is not going to harm you in any way; either now or in the long run. Keep the following in mind when narrowing down a program to pick:
- It should be based on healthy nutritious food. If a program offers synthetic meal replacements instead of recommending fresh and wholesome food, beware!
- It should not be plugging any weight loss pills, or recommending any quick fix solution that will have a negative impact in the long run.
- It should include at least some sort of exercise. If you lose weight without exercise, chances are it is an unhealthy kind of weight loss. And exercise is so good for so many aspects of your health that it would be foolish and short sighted not to include it in one’s lifestyle.
- It should not ask you to starve. If it does, the body signals starvation and starts to horde fat rather than letting it melt away.
- A good weight loss program should stress healthy lifestyle changes rather than a short term approach so that weight you have lost today having worked so hard, will stay off rather than creep back.