If you have taken the extreme step of having undergone weight loss surgery, then chances are that you made a great commitment in terms of your emotions and finances to go under the knife for the betterment of your health and life.
Having made such a commitment, it is important that you make life changes that support the surgery and your health get the maximum benefit:
- Having undergone bariatric surgery, significant lifestyle changes will have to be made: ones diet should be low in carbs and high in proteins; sugary and fried snacks are to be avoided. To make sure that the surgical pouching works effectively, there will also be no drinking with meals.
- You will also have to prepare yourself for the emotional and other sensory changes that may occur as a result of the surgery and not permit them to get you down.
- Get support from others who are battling health problems and obesity, be it online or in physical groups. This will help you get information from other stories and experiences and help you cope better with your situation.
- It is absolutely vital that you make your lifestyle active and incorporate as much exercise in it as possible.
- And understand that it is a lifetime commitment you have to make to a healthier, more active lifestyle, otherwise the impact of your surgery will be reduced to naught.