Cholesterol, a waxy as well as fat-like compound of your body that boost natural body functioning. As it is not water – soluble, it is carried all over of your body by lipoproteins. Lipoproteins can be classified into two categories- Low-density lipoproteins (LDL – bad cholesterol) and High-density lipoproteins (HDL – good cholesterol). The balance of these two cholesterols is not only essential for health of your heart but also for brain health.
Henceforth to be healthy you need to be cautious about the level of HDL in your body. Though your body can produce HDL, you can also increase the level by including some food to your daily diet as well as by other means as mentioned below:
- Include lots of nuts to your diet and this will assist you to increase the level of good cholesterol. Nuts wrapped in chocolate or cocoa powder help this process as chocolate activates the genes that boost increase of good cholesterol.
- Boosting your endurance through aerobic exercise for 20 minutes per day aid 2.5 points of HDL to your body.
- 1,000 mg calcium supplement can boost good cholesterol by up to 7%. Combination of vitamin D is essential for the absorption of calcium.
- Three 8 ounces glasses of cranberry juice per day improves HDL level to 10% which minimises the risk factors of heart diseases by 40%.
- Add more grape fruits in your diet; it increases the HDL and lowers LDL level up to 10%. It also stabilises blood pressure level so you gain doubly!
- Omega 3 effects positively on HDL. To get the benefits of omega 3s you can include orange juice fortified with omega 3 fatty acids, fish oil supplements, yogurt fortified with omega 3s, vegetable oils, tofu, soy products etc.
- Get habituated to oatmeal breakfast or tuck in oat-bran cookies to your snack meals and boost good cholesterol levels.
- Low fat or fat free margarines also boost your good cholesterol levels.
- Swallowing of phytosterols and phytostanols, grown from pine trees and soy enhances HDL level to your body.
Consequently it shows that a healthy diet with appropriate exercising regime will help you to manage cholesterol level of your body. Doctors say that at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise everyday is essential to boost HDL levels. You should keep in mind that proper balance of LDL & HDL will boost your body to function properly.
Photo Credit By: dutchessroz.com