There are a variety of things that you can do to help you lose weight, some will work well for you and others will fail miserably but they all should be attempted because they could be the key to your dieting success. [Dieting Tips]
Often people do not realize exactly what they eat over a period unless they write it all down.
- Keeping a food diary can be a real revelation, suddenly you know exactly why the pounds have been piling on and can see what you need to cut down.
- Be very honest and note down every snack and night time nibble that you have.
- Using a calorie counter, which are readily available in stores, will help you to see where your existing diet is going wrong.
- Often it is a big shock because so many foods have hidden calories that soon add up over a twenty four hour period.
- When losing weight many get obsessed with weighing themselves and if it is done too often then no changes will be noticed. Jump on the scale at the same day and time every week and keep a record of your progress. Weight can vary for various reasons but a weekly weigh-in is sufficient to keep you on track.
- Deciding on a target gives you something to aim for and is very beneficial and a great incentive. Try to be realistic and be aware that rapid weight loss is not only bad for your body but also more than likely it will just straight back on again.
- Fast food is usually the worse food you can eat; it is convenient but often very high in fat. A week of careful weight watching can be ruined by just one single take out.