We all know that the primary cause of unnecessary weight gain is the overconsumption of calories without taking in the proper exercise to burn the fat.
We may not be aware of it but we take too much calories which are no longer needed by the body just because we love to eat.
Also, some people may not realize that they need to balance out the food groups, as each plays a crucial part in maintaining a healthy figure and weight loss. The 1200 calorie diet is a foolproof diet to help you stop weight gain by controlling your calorie intake.
How does the 1200 Calorie Diet work?
Aptly named because 1200 is the number of calories required for normal and healthy weight loss, the diet allows you to consume the proper nutrition from carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
The meal plans for the 1200 calorie diet may vary from person to person, and it is advised that you seek help from a nutritionist who can help you form the right meals for the diet based on your weight, age, gender, metabolic rate, exercise regimen, and other medical conditions that may have to be taken into consideration.
It is just used as a base point for standard diets, and may be tweaked as necessary.
The 1200 calorie diet is also based on ideal formulations of the following:
- 180 protein calories
- 360 fat calories
- 660 carbohydrate calories
The 1200 Calorie Diet provides a healthy balance for food that will leave you feeling full and have energy while avoiding unnecessary calorie consumption.
It is an excellent way to discipline you to eat the right amount of foods and stay away from those which contain too many calories.
Benefits of the 1200 Calorie Diet
- The diet provides you with the freedom to choose the foods you eat, as long as you follow the caloric intake of the food groups required.
- Choosing wisely, such as using whole wheat bread or brown rice instead of complex carbohydrates such as white bread and white rice will enable you to feel full faster and longer. It will also prevent you from overeating and craving for other foods.
- The 1200 calorie diet can also be modified to suit your needs and tastes. Whether you are a meat lover or a vegetarian, the diet is right for you.
- The 1200 calorie diet is healthy and, once used to it, you can go on it for long periods of time and adapt it into your lifestyle, combined with exercise.
Disadvantages of the 1200 Calorie Diet
- Do not go on the diet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as you will need much more than 1200 calories.
- As it is necessary to measure intake and count calories, some dieters find this a nuisance.
- One must be careful how they eat after the 1200 calorie diet, because if you jump right back to your old eating habits, the chances of gaining weight back are very high.