Detox diet is the short form for detoxification. This detoxification is the natural ongoing process for eliminating toxins from your body.
Toxins are produced in your body during normal body functions. Toxins will potentially harm your body tissue.
In detox diet method, toxins will be chemically distorted to less harmful compounds and excreted via urine or stools.
Detox diet is the short term diet which minimizes the amount of indigested chemicals in your body and emphasizes the foods that offer the nutrients, vitamins [Weight Loss Vitamins] and antioxidants that your body requires for detoxification.
Generally the food which is indigested in your body will be deposited in the form of fat cells in your body.
To avoid the storage of fat cells in your body, go for detox diet. Through this method, you can reduce the toxins present in your body as well as your fat cells will also be get removed.
This method makes you to obtain clear skin, improved energy, improved digestion, regular bowel movements and increased clarity and concentration.
The menu for detox diet is as follows:
- ½ lemon squeezed into a glass of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds and 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay mixed in a glass of water.
- Fresh fruit salad
- ½ papaya, seeded and sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 6 grapes
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup raspberries or strawberries
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp unsweetened fruit juice
Mid morning snack:
- 1 slice of wheat bread with low fat peanut butter – 100 calories
- 1 orange (medium sized)
- Chunky vegetable soup made with your choice of vegetables and vegetable stock
- Steamed broccoli with sesame seeds and beets sprinkled with lemon juice on brown rice
- Apple sauce
- Supplements: multivitamin
- Dandelion root tea
- Carrot sticks with hummus dip
- Supplements: milk thistle
- Tomato- herb chicken
- Steamed broccoli or cabbage
- Entenmanns’s light cheese cake
Ingredients necessary for the preparation of tomato-herb chicken:
- ¼ cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skinless
Method of preparation:
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat broth over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, oregano, syrup vinegar, pepper and basil to the onion mix.
- Bring mixture to boil and reduce heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken to the sauce and simmer for 15 minutes by stirring it occasionally.
- Turn chicken and simmer an additional 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve when it is hot.
- This makes 4 servings
Chew your food well and take sufficient time to eat. Try to relax for few minutes before and after the meal. Take the comfortable sitting position while eating.