Are you looking for a heart-healthy eating plan? The new Mediterranean diet might be the right choice for you.
New Mediterranean diet is the most prominent, dieters dream and opposite of most diets and is very easy to follow.
If you think to follow a diet plan, then it is very hard to get away from the thought of eating bland, low-fat, tasteless food.
But if you have heard anything about the new Mediterranean diet then you will know that it is full of flavors that you will enjoy.
If you are one among the followers of the new Mediterranean diet then you will enjoy a tasty, variety of foods which also happen to be healthy.
Till now you are aware about the flavor and variety offered by the new Mediterranean diet and you are probably eager to try it and you will also experience health benefits.
However, there is not one specific Mediterranean diet; you can follow the eating styles of the people in this part of the world. This modern nutritional model comes from the ways people eat in the Mediterranean countries including: Cyprus, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Southern Italy, and Turkey.
If you are one among the Mediterranean country people, then you have a habit of consuming high fat foods which are the good fat, so you have lower rates of heart disease.
Food intake in the new Mediterranean diet:
- The new Mediterranean diet consists of eating a lot of fruits, vegetables, cereals, fish, bread, wheat and olive oil.
- All the foods which come under this diet plan are high in monounsaturated fat and dietary fiber and low in saturated fat. You need to eat saturated fats carefully in order to stay healthy. These foods are good for your heart and you will have the less chance of occurring heart disease.
- Most of you like the Mediterranean diet because it has rich, flavorful foods unlike many other diets. You can use olive oil as an additional flavor instead of butter and is actually seems to add a better flavor as well. It is an important monounsaturated fat source. There are many health benefits with olive oil. It lowers the cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure.
- You can also include red wine in your new Mediterranean diet. It contains flavanoids and antioxidants called polyphenols which gives protection against cardiovascular diseases. You need to consume it in moderate amounts in order to get these benefits.
- New Mediterranean diet also includes potatoes, beans, nuts, and seeds. Dairy products, fish, eggs, red meat, and poultry are taken in moderate contents.
- Take cheese and yogurt when they are low in fat or non-fat.
If you follow the Mediterranean diet you will be healthier and have lower cholesterol levels (Tips to Lower Cholesterol Levels) and heart disease as well as longer lives. Some of you believe that this diet will protect you from cancer.
The new Mediterranean diet is considered as the tastiest diet for healthier living. This is not a boring one to follow. You will taste all the healthier foods in this diet plan.
But before starting the diet plan do as much research as possible in order to make an informed decision. Consult your doctor for best advice.