Often times we put on weight and wonder where the excess calories come from, even if we are eating healthy.
We do not realize that hundreds of calories are hiding in the drinks we consume, because the focus is often placed on the food we eat.
To ensure that you lose weight effectively, you must drink low carb drinks to complement your healthy diet.
Benefits of Low Carb Drinks
- Low carb drinks are a great alternative to the many fattening drinks we consume daily; whether they are coffee, juice, soda, or alcoholic beverages.
- Just because they are healthier doesn’t mean they lack flavor. Contrary to what many believe, low carb drinks also taste great and you can drink them as often as you want.
- You can even replicate your own favorites into low carb drinks using substitutes for milk and sugar. Milk alternatives such as soy milk are excellent sources of vitamin D and many other nutrients.
- An added benefit to low carb drinks is that you can enjoy them without worrying about gaining excess weight[weight gain]. Incorporate these into a smart diet and exercise regimen, and the pounds will disappear.
Tips for low carb drinks
- You may want to switch to herbal tea if you are trying to lose some weight. Hot water is great for digestion and teas simply contain healthful herbs, plants, seeds, and flowers. They are also rich in antioxidants and natural fat burners. This combination makes teas a refreshing and delightfully tasty drink during hot and cold weather.
- You can easily prepare a wide variety of low carb drinks such as cocktails and smoothies simply by eliminating sugar and replacing them with fresh fruits that have lower sugar levels. Use spices such as lemongrass, mint, and cinnamon to add some flavor. Further, you may also use fruits that have low sugar content such as berries, apples, guava, and grapefruit.
- The most popular among low carb drinks is water. Nothing can quench thirst and rehydrate the body more than a glass of water. Drink up to 10 glasses a day and you will feel energized and ready to take on the challenges of the day.
Try these recipes for delicious low carb drinks:
1 cup ice cubes
8 oz. cold coffee
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 sachet sweetener or Davinci’s syrup
- Chill the coffee 3-4 hours ahead.
- Combine the cream, cold coffee, ice cubes and sweetener in a glass. Cover the glass and shake until frothy. Makes 1-16 oz of iced coffee.
Strawberry mint breeze
2 cups fresh strawberries
¾ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 cups ice cold water
½ teaspoon table salt
Sugar substitute of your choice
2 or 3 fresh mint leaves
- Cut the strawberries and put into blender, adding the lemon juice, mint leaves, salt, and sugar substitute
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice cold water and blend again.
- Strain the mixture, garnish with mint leaves.