Want to follow a diet plan that is high in fiber content?
Since fiber diet is suitable for the individuals of all the ages, it is greatly recommended by most of the dieticians.
Eating great quantities of fiber is very important for your health.
Fiber is of two types, one is water insoluble fiber and the other is water soluble fiber.
Water insoluble compounds include cellulose, hemicellulose and lignin, remain essentially unchanged during digestion.
Water soluble compounds include gum, pectin and mucilages, do dissolve in water and are found in oats, beans, barley and some fruits and vegetables.
High fiber diet food means that the carbohydrates in the food are more complex. Most of you already heard about carbohydrates.
But you will get a doubt that, what are complex carbohydrates? Well, when you eat a puffy white bread it immediately turns to sugar, these types of carbohydrates are not complex.
These types of carbohydrates are immediately broken down, in which some are used for energy and the excess carbs that you ate are turned to sugar and then immediately stored as fats because your body already has enough glucose.
In this way carbohydrates turn from bread to fat within hours of eating them.
How to increase the fiber in your diet?
- You need to eat at least 4½ cups of fruits and vegetables per each day. Here are the fruits and vegetables that are high in fiber content: apples, beans, berries, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots, cauliflowers, figs, green peas, oranges, pears, and prunes.
- It is better to eat cooked beans once in a week.
- Instead of eating white bread, replace it with whole grain breads and cereals. Instead of white rice it is better to eat brown rice. Include the following foods in your diet such as Bran muffins, brown rice, multiple-grain cereals, oatmeal, popcorn, and whole-wheat bread.
- Eat cereals as your breakfast. You can also add ¼ cup of wheat bran to the cooked cereals.
- You can also eat high fiber bread, dark and dense. These are best not only to avoid fat storage, but also for burning energy. This bread consists of complex carbohydrates which take little more time to process. Complex carbs are equivalent to slow-release medications. Human body uses the slow release version much more efficiently.
Usually fiber diet has lot of vitamins and minerals built right in. For example, complex carbohydrates in beans have a lot of other elements that are extremely important. They help to maintain your body’s overall health and the quality of the overall diet when compared to simple carbohydrates.
Benefits of fiber diet:
- Not only fiber is an essential part of your diet, but also it is very important to your whole system.
- Fiber diet keeps your bowel movements regular. The fiber diet when combined with adequate water intake will seldom feel bloated and constipated.
- Fiber diet also helps in the treatment of constipation, hemorrhoids, and diverticulitis.
- Dietary fiber is also helpful in lowering your cholesterol, and reduces the risk of heart diseases, diabetes, colon polyps, in the prevention of diverticular disease, obesity, irritable bowel movements and certain types of cancer.
- Fiber provides a wavelike contraction that keep food moving through the intestine. High fiber diet expands the inside walls of the colon.
- Any harmful substances in your body will swept out before they can cause any problems. Fiber diet can also help to reduce hemorrhoids.
- Fiber diet constantly maintains your blood sugar levels and it promotes regularity.
You can consume the fiber up to 25 grams a day, but you need to keep track of your fiber to know how much you are getting.
If you correctly follow the fiber diet i.e. you should eat more whole grain foods such as bread and cereals, fruits, and vegetables you can achieve your goal weight and can live a healthier life.