If you take healthy food, then your health will be good.
If you consider healthy foods, then cabbage is a simple vegetable that will help you to get into shape faster.
Cabbage diet is used for maintaining your weight and to become free from many diseases.
If you understand and realize the health benefits obtained from this cabbage diet, then you will follow this diet properly.
How cabbage diet helps your body?
Cabbage is generally considered as a sweet vegetable which is useful in the kapha and pitta imbalance. By taking cabbage diet, you can regulate blood sugar levels, diseases of the urinary system and certain skin destroyable diseases.
In what way cabbage diet is good for your health?
- In the group of cruciferous vegetables, cabbage is one of the vegetable. Cabbage is rich in powerful phytochemicals, called as isothiocyanates. Due to the presence of these chemicals, you can use cabbage to hold back breast cancer in several ways. If you take the vegetables which belong to brassica family, then you can feel lower risk of breast cancer.
- The power which is called as Antioxidant power is filled in cabbage. With this power, your system can fight against free radicals and clear up the toxin content (potential carcinogens). You can get anti cancer benefits by taking one portion of either cabbage or cauliflower brussel sprouts or broccoli.
- Bowel movements and blood sugar levels are regularized with the help of fiber present in cabbage. If you experience bloating on eating cabbage, then you can reduce it by adding pinch of asafoetida in dishes.
- Red cabbage consists of more antioxidant levels than green cabbage or white cabbage. In the conditions of Alzheimer’s disease, the brain cells are protected from damage with the help of anthocyanins present in red cabbage.
- By taking large quantity of cabbage, stomach ulcers can be treated as glutamine content is present in cabbage juice.
How you can buy, store and cook cabbage?
You have to buy cabbage head if it is firm and shiny. Cabbage used in cabbage diet should be crisp and should have green leaves. Before buying the cabbage for cabbage diet, you have to check whether any bruises and blemishes are present on cabbage.
You should not prefer buying precut cabbage which is either sectioned or shredded. You have to use cabbage immediately after cut because it loses its valuable vitamin c content if you delay using it.
If you want to keep hold of vitamin c content even after cut, then you have to store it in the refrigerator. You have to keep cabbage in the plastic enfold and then store it. The cabbage which is stored in the refrigerator must be used within two days.
You can prefer cabbage diet as you can follow this diet with low cost. But, there are few side effects with cabbage diet such as light-headedness, decreased concentration and nausea when you follow this diet for long term.