The prospect of losing weight by taking in a few pills everyday might seem interesting and tempting to many who have been trying to lose weight but in vain.
It is true that some of the prescribed weight loss pills may work by inhibiting appetite or burning fat but many research works have proved that most of the weight loss diet pills have several side effects associated with them and that they can be dangerous to the health of a person. The following are the 7 major side effects that weight loss diet pills can result in:
1. One of the major side effects of a weight loss diet pill is that it can cause diarrhea, bloating and gas. This is more so the case in those diet pills which work as fat blockers and work by removing excess of the fat through the intestines.
2. Another side effect of consumption of a weight loss diet pill on a regular basis is that it can raise the blood pressure and also affect the heart rate. Those diet pills which work as appetite suppressants tend to stimulate the sympathetic nervous system and hence have this effect on the body.
Due to increase in heart rate, the risk of cardiac arrest increases especially in the case of those who have already been suffering from a heart issue or the problem of raised blood pressure.
3. Some of the less serious or minor side effects of taking weight loss pills include headaches, constipation, the problem of dry mouth and even insomnia. Insomnia is caused because some of the chemicals present in diet pills can affect the sleep pattern of a person
4. Addiction is another side effect of consumption of weight loss diet pills. Most of the diet pills contain amphetamines apart from anti-depressants and anti-anxiety chemicals which are known to be highly addictive.
5. Another side effect of a weight loss pill or a diet pill is that it can cause moodiness in the person. If you consume these diet pills regularly, you may become irritate quickly and will experience mood swings often.
6. Some other side effects include dizziness, restlessness, fatigue, runny nose and sore throat.
7. Some diet pills which result in absorption of fat soluble vitamins can cause risk of kidney stones and gallbladder stones. These weight loss diet pills also cause oily stools as well as flatulence.
Photo Credit By: secretstothegoodlife.wordpress.com