Meridia is the product name of popular prescription weight loss drug sibutramine hydrochloride monohydrate.
These meridia diet pills are used for treating obesity.
These pills will be prescribed to you, if your body mass index (BMI) rate is more than 30 or higher.
Meridia diet pills should be used with regular exercise, weight loss diet and other behavioral changes.
This diet pills will suppress your appetite by acting on the two chemicals in the brain (neurotransmitters) namely norepinephrine and serotonin.
These meridia diet pills have several side effects. So, the weight loss institute is not recommending for these pills. This product is not sold by weight loss institute.
The various side effects that you can obtain with this pill are as follows:
Common side effects with meridia diet pills:
- Dryness of mouth
- Sleeping disorders or you will feel difficult to sleep. Good night sleep that refreshes your mind can not be obtained to you, if you use these diet pills.
- Stuffy nose. This stuffy nose sometimes makes you to feel difficulty in breathing.
- Impatience or irritability. Your mind will be disturbed with usage of these meridia diet pills.
Generally these side effects will be gone or disappear with in two weeks of usage of this medicine. If they persist for long time, then you should consult your doctor for proper suggestion.
Less common side effects with meridia diet pills:
- Back pain
- Abdominal pain
- You can sense Itching, burning, tingling or prickling on your skin.
- The taste of your food will be changed due to change in the sense of taste.
- Increased sweating
- Drowsiness increase in appetite
- Indigestion problems
- Increased thirstiness
- Flushing of skin or unusual warmth
- Irregular or fast heartbeat
- Psychological depressions
- Swellings in the body, especially at ankles and feet
- Woman will obtain painful menstruation. Sometimes cycle of menstruation will get disturbed with the usage of these diet pills.
- Increased blood pressure
- Body aches
These are the less common side effects that you will get affected with the usage of meridia diet pills. Other than these the rare common side effects will also be obtained with these pills.
The rare common side effects are:
- Patches or red spots on the skin
- Excessive bleeding following injury
- Mood swings
- Severe or unbearable headache
- Skin rash
- Abnormal weight gain
- Convulsions (seizures)
- Bruising on the body
It is not a good process to lose weight by using weight loss pills or medicines. Regular exercise and proper diet is the perfect process to lose weight. It is recommended to consult your doctor before using these meridian diet pills.
You should follow the proper measures and tips while using these pills. Inform your doctor immediately if you feel the symptoms of side effects.